Rabbit Hole

Friday 26th July 2013

Year: 2010
Director: John Cameron Mitchell
Stars: Nicole Kidman, Aaron Eckhart, Dianne Wiest, Miles Teller, Tammy Blanchard, Sandra Oh

I had heard lots of positive reviews of Rabbit Hole, so when I saw it was being aired on TV, I was keen to watch it. I was a little apprehensive that it couldn't be as good as the reviews suggested, but I was also hopeful that it might be.

Nicole Kidman plays Becca, and Eckhart her husband, Howie, who have lost their 4 year old son in an accident. The film focuses on how they are dealing (or not, as the case may be) with their grief months after their son has died.

I have literally nothing negative to say about this film. The performances are first rate, the script and storyline spot-on, and it's had me feeling sad about the whole scenario for days. Having a year old son probably helps here, but I defy anyone not to be in tears by the end of (or even long before that) the Rabbit Hole.

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.