Despicable Me

Sunday 16th June 2013

Director: Pierre Coffin, Chris Renaud
Year: 2010
Stars: Steve Carrell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, Dana Gaier, Elsie Fisher

What is it with Steve Carrell movies at the moment? This is the second one in two days - and another one I didn't actually mind too much.

Here, Carrell plays Gru, an evil mastermind who wants to beat another evil mastermind, Vector (Segel) who is proving to be a younger, better mastermind. In order to do this, Gru adopts three orphan girls... can you see where this is going? Yes, it's not the most cunning of plotlines.

If what you're after is a fun weekend movie that your kids will enjoy, Despicable Me probably fits the bill perfectly well. If you want something a bit more up-beat that both adults and kids will enjoy, try an older, but better, movie like Shrek.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.