The Switch

Sunday 2nd June 2013

Director: Josh Gordon, Will Speck
Year: 2010
Stars: Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Jeff Goldblum


This is the first TV movie I've watched in a while that I didn't particularly want to see when it was released at the cinema. Evidently, there was a reason I didn't care about its release. Which probably tells you all you need to know about how worthwhile watching this movie on TV was.

Kassie Larson (Aniston) decides she wants to have a child, but, as she's unattached, wants to find a sperm donor in order to do so. She discusses this with her best friend, Wally Mars (Bateman), who is clearly jealous of another man getting to father Kassie's child. Do you see where this is going? Well, you're not far wrong, whatever you're thinking.

The Switch is very definitely in the romance, rather than comedy, area of rom coms. All the same, I really just didn't care at all about any of the characters in this movie. Things got marginally better once the child appeared, but even so, this was most definitely two hours of my life I could have happily spent doing something else.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.