March 2013 films

Well, it seems that I've watched enough movies in March to make a monthly review worthwhile. This might be a one-off occurrence, so no guarantees that I'll be doing a monthly review again in April... but for the time being at least, here's what I've watched this month:
  • Winter's Bone (2010) - 1.5 stars
  • Moulin Rouge (2001) - 5 stars
  • Compliance (2012) - 2 stars
  • Down with Love (2003) - 4 stars
  • Les Miserables (2012) - 2 stars
  • Robot and Frank (2013) -3.5 stars
No prizes for guessing my Film of the Month, or Film Not To Waste Your Time On choices. Moulin Rouge was always going to win Film of the Month, unless I basically spent the month watching my favourite movies. And even then, it would be in with a pretty good chance. I just love everything about it, and could watch it over and over again - a lot!

Film Not To Waste Your Time On easily goes to Winter's Bone. It's just so bor-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz; oh, sorry, I drifted off there, what was I talking about?

The other movies I've watched this month have varied massively in quality, with Les Mis just annoying me, Compliance distressing me, and Robot and Frank and Down with Love both cheering me up. But nothing beats Moulin Rouge for a good time, or Winter's Bone for a good nap.

Film of the Month: Moulin Rouge
Film Not To Waste Your Time On: Winter's Bone

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.