St Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold: Film #165 of Film 365

Sunday 8th July 2012

Director: Oliver Parker, Barnaby Thompson
Year: 2009
Stars: Rupert Everett, David Tennant, Colin Firth, Tallulah Riley, Jodie Whittaker, Juno Temple, Tamsin Egerton, Gemma Arterton

Wanting something easy to watch on a Sunday afternoon, this seemed like a good choice. Nothing too taxing, so I wasn't really expecting a lot from it. Which was a good thing, as I didn't get much. It  has a pretty basic plot that is very easy to follow - and one that you're reminded of numerous times in case you didn't catch it the last six times round. It basically involves the St Trinian's girls hunting for treasure to ensure Lord Pomfrey (Tennant) can't get his hands on it.

Other than its simplistic plot, there's nothing really wrong with St Trinian's 2. It's very unmemorable (I'm struggling to remember the plot, even with IMDBs help and numerous reminders during the movie itself, after a week), but it does have its funny moments. Without Camilla (Everett), I'd probably go so far as to say this would be rather dull. Thankfully Everett is in the movie enough to make at least some of it enjoyable - and funny.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.