Frost/ Nixon: Film #152 of Film 365

Monday 16th April 2012

Director: Ron Howard
Year: 2008
Stars: Michael Sheen, Frank Langella, Matthew Macfadyen, Sam Rockwell, Oliver Platt, Kevin Bacon,

I've wanted to watch Frost/ Nixon for a while, as for some time now I feel like I know a lot less about Richard Nixon and the Watergate scandal than I should. Whilst the film was pretty good, I don't really think I know much more about Watergate than I did two weeks ago...

Frost/ Nixon focuses firmly on the aftermath of Watergate, and especially David Frost's (eventual) success in getting Nixon to admit that he broke the law. What Frost/ Nixon does, it does well. It doesn't idolise Frost (Sheen), instead portraying him as man with his own flaws, but who managed to do something memorable.

An enjoyable movie which succeeds in what it sets out to do - but just wasn't really what I was looking for.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.