Taken: Film #118 of Film 365

Saturday 7th January 2012

Director: Pierre Morel
Year: 2008
Stars: Liam Neeson, Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen

In an attempt to break free from the romantic-comedy cycle I seem to be on at the moment, I figured an action/ crime drama might be a good choice. So Taken it was.

Taken is a pretty good example of the type of movie it is. It has an interesting (if entirely implausible) plot, and the lead man (Bryan Mills, played by Neeson) is truly kick-ass. You know he's going to win, but you still want him to. He's got some properly evil guys to fight so it's OK to kill them all.

Taken follows Mills as he tries to track down the Albanian human traffickers who have kidnapped his daughter, and get his daughter back. Mills is an ex-CIA agent, meaning that he's so kick-ass he can take on rooms full of the bad guys, even when they all come at him at the same time. Like I said, implausible. But still a fun watch, as long as you're happy with car/ boat chases, scraps and gun fights.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.