Movie photos

You may have noticed that pictures have started appearing on each post on this blog. The main reason for this is simply that I was starting to get bored with the amount of text - and thought it was time there was something a bit more visual on each post!

So I've picked what I think is the main theme of a movie (even that, of course, is often open to debate), and picked an image that relates to that theme. I intend to use the same image for every movie with a particular theme - so, for example, Christmas movies will always have a picture of a Christmas bauble (see below) attached to them. This should make it easy to see instantly what genre a movie belongs to. Some of the images are pretty obvious (Christmas ones are a good example), but others are a little more subtle. So I've included the images I've already used below, and listed what theme/ genre they relate to. As I add new images, I'll explain what genres they belong to as well. But for now I've got:

Animation













Sci-fi










Romance
Music
Horror
History
Drama
Documentary
Comedy
Christmas

Action adventure

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.