December 2011 films

Well, I seem to have made a start on watching that big pile of movies I keep meaning to make a start on. Having 11 days off of work and not having much planned in them (except for a few days in Exeter over Christmas) probably helped a lot here. Not sure I can keep it up in the next few months, but you never know... this month's list is below:
  • The Holiday (2006) - 4 stars
  • Son of Rambow (2007) - 3.5 stars
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009) - 4 stars
  • The Accidental Husband (2008) - 2 stars
  • Hairspray (2007) - 4 stars
  • Tropic Thunder (2008) - 4 stars
  • Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (2008) - 2.5 stars
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) - 4 stars
  • Nativity! (2009) - 3 stars
  • The Boat that Rocked (2009) - 3 stars
  • The Young Victoria (2009) - 3 stars
  • Arthur Christmas (2011) - 4 stars
  • October Sky (1999) - 3.5 stars
  • The Christmas Gift (aka The Three Gifts) (2009) - 2.5 stars
  • Inside Job (2010) - 4 stars
  • Near Dark (1987) - 4 stars
  • Pineapple Express (2008) - 3.5 stars
  • 17 Again (2009) - 4 stars
Wow, that makes things hard. I knew I had watched a lot of movies that I'd quite enjoyed this month, but I didn't realise it was quite so many - or that I'd given almost all of them 4 stars. Considering all of the 4 star movies (because nothing scored more than that), Film of the Month has to go to either The Holiday or Pirates of the Caribbean 4 - mostly based on the fact that these are the two movies I'm happiest to watch again numerous times. I think The Holiday might just beat Pirates, as it's proven that I like re-watching it - even when I don't intend to.

Film not to waste your time on is a little easier. Whilst none of the movies were total stinkers, The Accidental Husband really wasn't very good. Whilst Madagascar 2 wasn't great either, it was a perfectly acceptable version of what it wanted to be. The Accidental Husband did what it did badly.

So, considering I've done a little better with the movie-watching, how is Film 365 doing? Well, I still haven't watched a movie a day, but in total I've now watched 113 movies out of 365. That's still only 30%. I should be on 294 movies (80%), and 3 months away from finishing. Oh well.

Film of the Month: The Holiday
Film not to waste your time on: The Accidental Husband

No. of Film 365 watched: 113/365
Target no. of Film 365 films to have watched: 294/365

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.