Son of Rambow: Film #112 of Film 365

Friday 30th December 2011

Director: Garth Jennings
Year: 2007
Stars: Bill Milner, Jessica Hynes, Will Poulter

In an attempt to start watching some of those Christmas DVDs we had been bought, we decided to give Son of Rambow a watch. This is one of the few movies we'd been bought for Christmas that I hadn't seen before, but I had read some very good reviews of it when it was released a few years ago.

Son of Rambow is all about Will Proudfoot and Lee Carter, two boys growing up in the '80s who end up making a film inspired by Rambo.

The movie is well acted and has a lot of enjoyable moments, but somehow just felt like a (really good) movie that you should have randomnly found on TV on a Sunday afternoon, and been really happy about discovering. Not that that should diminish my enjoyment of the movie, but somehow having been told it was really good meant I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I expected to. Or maybe I just wasn't in quite the right mood for it?

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.