November 2011 films

It turns out November has been almost no better than October for watching movies. At least this month I have an excuse - you try looking for and buying a house whilst working full time (and not taking any leave), and see how much time you have left over for watching movies. Anyways, here's the list:
  • Pale Rider (1985) - 4 stars
  • Quadrophenia (1979) - 3.5 stars
  • The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011) - 4 stars
  • Vacancy (2007) - 4 stars
  • New World (2005) - 3.5 stars
  • Eclipse (2010) - 3.5 stars
  • New Moon (2009) - 4 stars
  • Twilight (2008) - 5 stars
  • We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011) - 4.5 stars
And there was me thinking Film of the Month was going to be hard! Admittedly, I've watched a lot of good movies this month - it's really nice to see that none of them scored less than 3.5 stars. But I think that's more important when you watch less movies! And although Twilight is very obviously my favourite movie on this list, I'm excluding it on the basis that it already won film of the month two months ago. It's good - but it's not that good. So Film of the Month goes to We Need to Talk about Kevin, which in my mind is truly deserving - even with all that stiff competition.

Film not to waste your time on is a little harder. There are no obvious stinkers in here at all. But if pushed, I'm going to have to say New World. It's not a bad movie by any means, but for me it's the one that will stay with me for the least amount of time - everything else on the list above is truly quite memorable (and not normally in a bad way), even the other 3.5 star movies.

And what about Film 365? Is there any point in even mentioning it? I've watched 95 movies out of my 365. That's 26%, so I'm a quarter of the way there, but I should be on 263 (72% - nearly three quarters). Sigh.

Film of the Month: We Need to Talk About Kevin
Film not to waste your time on: New World (with the proviso that it really isn't that bad)

No. of Film 365 watched: 95/365
Target no. of Film 365 films to have watched: 263/365

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.