Four Lions: Film #70 of Film 365

Sunday 4th September 2011

Director: Christopher Morris
Year: 2010
Stars: Kayvan Novak, Nigel Lindsay, Riz Ahmed, Adeel Akhtar, Mohammad Aqil

I was confused by this when I was watching it. I'm still confused by it now. I just really don't know what to make of it. I know some people found it really funny, but I guess it's just not my brand of humour. I did find some lines to be laugh-out-loud funny, but not, I suspect, as many as I was supposed to.

Four Lions is all about British Muslims who decide to make a point by devising a terrorist plot. Problem is, they're a bit useless and not very effective. However, everybody else in the movie is also entirely useless, so it's not limited to just these four characters.
I just really, really don't know what I think of this movie. I'm not bothered about watching it again, and I'm not sure I could recommend it. But it was very, very different to anything I've seen before.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.