Eagle Eye: Film #67 of Film 365

Wednesday 31st August 2011

Director: D.J. Caruso
Year: 2008
Stars: Shia LeBeouf, Michelle Monaghan

I still don't really know what to make of this movie. I recorded it a while ago, and couldn't really remember why - or what it was about. I was home alone, and wanted to watch something I knew Dan didn't want to see. As I could remember nothing at all about this movie, I figured it made a good choice.

It's basically your standard action movie. The voice-over man described it as a thriller, but I think I'd have to dispute that. There's a lot of blowing things up, so I guess if you find that thrilling then fair enough. But there's not a lot of complicated plot to follow here. Jerry (LaBeouf) and Rachel (Monaghan) are two strangers who get phone calls from a random woman who forces them to do odd things (like steal a car) using everyday technology. There is a reason for this...

Eagle Eye isn't a bad movie, it's just nothing special. Perfectly acceptable for a Wednesday evening, but I won't remember it in a month's time.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.