May 2011 films

I have been truly rubbish this month. Out of a possible 31 movies, I've only watched 7 (a paltry 25%). My excuse is a combination of busy Bank Holidays (you'd think I'd have more time on Bank Holidays, but it seems not), a holiday in Venice and just general, well, laziness. Anyway, here's the (short) list:
  • Talk to Her (2002) - 3.5 stars
  • Freeze Frame (2004) - 3.5 stars
  • Mary and Max (2009) - 4.5 stars
  • Mirrors (2008) - 2.5 stars
  • Click (2006) - 3 stars
  • Hanna (2011) - 4 stars
  • Munich (2005) - 3 stars
There's a clear stand-out best movie here. The more I think about it, the more I love it - and the more I want to see it again. Mary and Max is sweet, endearing, sad, dark and funny all at the same time. It's a beautiful movie that I truly loved.

Sad to say, but Film not to waste your time on isn't that difficult either. There have been a fair amount of average movies this month, but Mirrors wins for the most average of the lot. It's sad because I hate to diss a Kiefer movie, but there you go. There's just nothing new or original to recommend this movie.

So, considering my awful rate of movie-watching this month I've only managed 39 movies out of 365. I should have watched 80. I guess that's a 50% success rate, but the conclusion is: Try Harder. Not time to give up yet though!

Film of the month: Mary and Max
Film not to waste your time on: Mirrors

No. of Film 365 films watched: 39/ 365
Target no. of Film 365 films to have watched: 80/ 365

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.