Click: Film #35 of Film 365

Wednesday 18th May 2011

Director: Frank Coraci
Year: 2006
Stars: Adam Sandler, Christopher Walken, Kate Beckinsale, David Hasselhoff

It's been a while, but this time I have a good excuse! I've been on holiday in Venice for the past week, so been doing far more exciting things with my time than watching movies. But I had a full day at home before having to face heading back to work, so thought watching an easy, relaxing movie might be the way to go.

And in case you're wondering, Click won't hurt your brain. It's all about Michael Newman (Sandler), a guy who goes hunting for a universal remote. He finds one - but it's so universal he gets to fast forward through all the dull bits in life. There is no apology here for the movie being totally fantastical - it takes the idea and runs with it.

The review I read for this movie really hated it. The reviewer was right in the fundamentals - it's total Hollywood cheese, and some scenes really aren't as funny as they should be but, then, it's an Adam Sandler movie. If you know that's what you're getting you'll probably be happy enough. I was.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.