William and Kate: Film #31 of Film 365

Sunday 24th April 2011

Director: Mark Rosman
Year: 2011
Stars: Camilla Luddington, Nico Evers-Swindell

If you watch this and hate it, you only have yourself to blame. I was certainly warned a number of times before I sat down to watch this that it was as trite and sickly as a movie could be. But a certain amount of masochistic curiosity made me watch it anyway...

... and it's really not that bad. Not if you've been warned beforehand, anyway. Yes, it's a made-for-TV movie that was on Channel 5 in the middle of the day (and follows all the conventions of such a movie). Yes, it's like watching a two-hour-long episode of Home and Away. And yes, it's almost certainly entirely factually inaccurate. But that's OK - I can find out the real facts if I want to, and I quite like Home and Away.

In case you haven't realised this yet, the movie is about how Prince William and Kate Middleton met, fell in love and got engaged. And it was made in the USA so it's a pretty American view of events. But if you don't know any of that, you really don't want to watch this.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.