Made of Honor: Film #30 of Film 365

Friday 22nd April 2011

Director: Paul Weiland
Year: 2008
Stars: Patrick Dempsey, Michelle Monaghan, Kevin McKidd

Another Hollywood romantic comedy, it's one I hadn't seen so I figured I'd give it a try.

Tom (Dempsey) is incapable of making a commitment - until his best friend (Monaghan) gets engaged to a Scottish man - at which point he suddenly realises he's in love with her.

This has all the elements of your average Hollywood rom-com. You'll know what's coming from the first scene, and nothing will surprise you. And as with all the "best" Hollywood movies, the Americans get their way and the Brits are (just a little bit) mad and evil. It has almost exactly the same plot as My Best Friends Wedding, although the characters are a touch more likable (and a touch more predictable too).

This all probably sounds overly harsh. There's nothing really wrong with this movie - there's just nothing that makes it stand out either. Perfectly average, perfectly watchable and totally forgettable.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.