Ginger Snaps: Unleashed: Film #11 of Film 365

Monday 28th March 2011

Director: Brett Sullivan
Year: 2004
Stars: Elizabeth Perkins, Tatiana Maslay, Katharine Isabelle, Eric Johnson

This is the sequel to Ginger Snaps, which I watched years ago at the cinema, when it was first released. I really enjoyed that, and thankfully this doesn't disapoint. It's not as good as the first film (which, although I can't remember all the details of, I can remember the basic premise - 15 years later), but it's still very enjoyable.

Ginger Snaps Unleashed basically picks up at the end of the first film. Brigette (Perkins) has just been half transformed into a werewolf (I won't say how in an attempt not to spoil the first film), and is doing all she can to stop it getting worse.

The film has the same tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic tone that Ginger Snaps did - and manages to put the characters in some great situations which it plays with really well. And I just love the ending too (even if you can half see it coming).

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.