Sunday 2nd January 2011

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Director: Nicholas Stoller
Year: 2008
Stars: Jason Segel, Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Russell Brand, Jonah Hill

I really should learn that I just don't find the Judd Apatow team movies funny. All the clues were here: bad romantic comedy, Jonah Hill, storyline that sounds like it could be funny but just isn't, a whole bunch of reviewers that seemed to like the movie but I can't figure out why.

There's nothing special here if you like these types of movies: a guy loses his girlfriend, goes to Hawaii to forget about her, and discovers that she's staying in the exact same hotel with her new English boyfriend. To be fair to Russell Brand, he's probably the best thing in this movie. But that doesn't mean he's good in it.

Along with The 40-Year Old Virgin, this is another Judd Apatow-produced movie that proves I really shouldn't bother with them.

Rating: 1.5 stars

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.