Saturday 15th January 2011

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Director: Dennis Dugan
Year: 2007
Stars: Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Jessica Biel, Dan Aykroyd, Ving Rhames

I almost didn't watch this. It was on late, had the news splitting it in two halves on TV, and the TV guide had given it a really bad review. But I had vaguely wanted to see it when it was released, and it was a good excuse to do nothing on a Saturday evening.

The film is about a man who is trying to sort out his insurance so that there is somebody he trusts to look after his kids if he dies. It makes little sense and is a rubbish excuse for the set-up; two straight guys getting married. Thankfully, it's the least relevant part of the movie.

If you go into this expecting something amazing, you're going to be disappointed. But if, like me, you were expecting something a bit rubbish due to the bad reviews you read, you'll probably be perfectly happy. It's entirely un-PC (in the first 5 minutes there's a very fat man used as a set-up for lots of jokes, and things like this happen a lot here), but it has some funny moments. And whilst the jokes are often un-PC, it actually has a warm fuzzy heart as its centre.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.