November 2010 films

It's been a quiet month for movies. But then, there have been other things happening - not least of which was a week in Cuba, which we've just got back from (hence this monthly review being 8 days late)...

The films I did manage to watch are listed below:
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) - 4 stars
  • Deck the Halls (2006) - 2 stars
  • The Damned United (2009) - 3 stars
  • The Social Network (2010) - 4 stars
  • Burke and Hare (2010) - 3.5 stars
I saw three of these five at the cinema, so there really wasn't much film watching on TV happening! Thankfully though, of those I did watch four were good - and one was a Christmas movie, so I got what I was expecting!

Of the two movies that scored 4 stars, I have to choose The Social Network as my film of the month. Whilst I probably enjoyed this and Harry Potter equally, I can accept that Harry Potter is not for everybody, and The Social Network is likely to have a far more universal appeal (although clearly Harry Potter will make more money).

Film not to waste your time on is easy with this list too - Deck the Halls. It's a not bad example of a standard Christmas movie, but everything else I watched in November far surpasses it.

Film of the month: The Social Network
Film not to waste your time on: Deck the Halls

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.