Tuesday 7th September 2010

Indiscreet

Director: Stanley Donan
Year: 1958
Stars: Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman

Feeling too ill to really do anything at all, when this came on TV and I couldn't sleep I figured I may as well give it a try and watch it.

Ingrid Bergman is Anna Kalnan, a woman who falls in love with Philip Adams (Cary Grant). Adams doesn't want to get married, so tell Anna he is already married and can never get a divorce. The first hour follows their love affair before she knows this, the second hour after she finds this out. Not a bad movie, but not a complex one - I fell asleep for 20 minutes near the beginning (I was pretty ill), and yet when I woke up had not one question about what was happening... a nice bit of fun and escapism for when I was ill, but nothing more.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.