July 2010 films

It's not been a very "filmy" month really - I've only seen 6 movies, and that's within one pretty long month. I guess we've just been very, very busy doing other things (not sure we've had a spare weekend since June, for example). Anyway, those I have seen are listed below:
  • Toy Story 3 (3D) (2010) - 5 stars
  • Shrek Forever After (3D) (2010) - 4 stars
  • Over the Hedge (2006) - 2.5 stars
  • Ghostbusters (1984) - 4 stars
  • Be Kind Rewind (2008) - 3 stars
  • Clash of the Titans (1981) - 3.5 stars
Well it certainly seems I've been going for the easy-watching, mostly kid's films when I have had time to watch movies! The walk-away winner is Toy Story 3, with its great characters, charming plot and funny jokes. The loser isn't too difficult either - whilst the films this month vary a fair bit in quality, Over the Hedge was the least enjoyable, with a pretty weak plot and OK characters - only really any good for young kids. Toy Story was everything this film wanted, and failed, to be.

Film of the Month: Toy Story 3 (3D)
Film not to waste your time on: Over the Hedge

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.