Saturday 6th March 2010

27 Dresses

Director: Anne Fletcher
Year: 2008
Stars: Katherine Heigl, James Marsden

I'm pretty sure the people I was with weren't especially interested in watching this, but a friend had been bought the DVD for her birthday, I wanted to see the movie, and we weren't doing much else at the time - so I got my way. Although not without some boy-whinging, to be fair.

As romantic comedies go, it's not bad. It's your pretty average boy-meets-girl, girl-hates-boy, girl-falls-in-love-with-boy (What? I'm giving plot away here?) Hollywood movie. Fine, as I was in the mood for it. Less fine, I guess, if you're a boy who's never in the mood for that sort of thing. But then don't buy it for your wife's birthday and leave it in full view of guests who like romantic comedies occasionally. :)

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.