Sunday 14th February 2010

Flushed Away

Director: David Bowers, Sam Fell
Year: 2006
Stars: Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, Ian McKellen (voices)

The reviews I had read of this hadn't been overly positive, but it's a movie I had been wanting to see for a while. So when it came on over Christmas I recorded it to watch at a future date. Looking for something easy to entertain us, it got watched on Valentines Day.

The whole film is a little disappointing. It plays more like a run of bad jokes, and short sketches, rather than an actual movie. There is a story line, but it's pretty basic, even for kids. It's essentially an excuse for the characters to run around and away from things.

This being an Aardman movie, there's nothing wrong with the animation. But after 3D experiences like Coraline and Up, it does feel a little flat. This isn't Aardman at it's best - story-wise or animation-wise. Very average.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.