Sunday 3rd January 2010

Happy Feet

Director: George Miller, Warren Coleman
Year: 2006
Stars: Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Brittany Murphy, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman

So, my third film of the day. If I'm aiming for one a day this year, I've caught up...Knowing I'd be unlikely to see it on the day, this movie was recorded off of TV on Christmas Day. And it really does feel like a Christmas Day movie. Cheerful and uplifting, if you're in the right mood this is great fun.

Mumble is an Emperor penguin who can't sing - a problem, as this is how all the other penguins meet their soul mates. However, he can dance really well. Somehow this means he ends up finding other penguin tribes, meeting elephant seals, nearly getting eaten by all manner of sealife, and finally finding the aliens. To give any more away may be to spoil it, but it's good fun and mostly makes sense really.

As long as you're in the mood, this will keep you happy. But if you're miserable, it may just make you angry. Thankfully, I was in the right mood.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.