Friday 18th December 2009

A Simple Plan

Director: Sam Raimi
Year: 1998
Stars: Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton, Bridget Fonda

I can't count the amount of times I've wanted to watch this and somehow failed to. Every time I think about watching it I wonder if I've seen it before, so don't. Well, a few months ago it was on TV so I decided to record it and make an effort to watch it at some point in the future, to ensure I had actually seen it.

Looking for something not too long to watch, this turned out to be the best choice. A movie about the corrupting influence of greed, it begins when two brothers (Paxton and Thornton) and their friend find millions of dollars in a crashed aeroplane, and conspire amongst themselves to keep it - if they won't get caught. It's an interesting concept and gets more enjoyable the blacker things get.

Unfortunately, I still managed to fall asleep... not the fault of the film at all, it was just late. Luckily, it being a recording, I was able to watch the bits I missed the next day. Having filled in the gaps, the film was even better and made much more sense. An original film, with an interesting story. Worth a watch.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.