Sunday 9th August

Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny

Director: Laim Lynch
Year: 2006
Stars: Jack Black, Kyle Gass, JR Reed, David Grohl, Tim Robbins

This is an incredibly silly film. It's also really rather funny. Of course, if you hate rock music, random copious amounts of swearing or Jack Black, then you're going to hate this. Otherwise, you may well be very amused.

Jack Black and Kyle Gass are Tenacious D, and this is their story of how they met, and their subsequent quest to find the guitar pick of destiny. The pick is a part of the devil himself, and has bought all metal heroes, Eddie Van Halen amongst them, to instant fame.

I wasn't expecting much from this, but I came away with a big grin on my face, feeling glad that I'd spent two hours of my life watching something quite so stupid - and fun.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.