Wednesday 15th July

Shark Tale

Director: Bibo Bergeron, Vicky Jenson
Year: 2004
Stars: Will Smith, Renee Zellwegger, Angelina Jolie, Jack Black, Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese

This was on on Christmas Day last year. I did sit down to watch it along with the rest of my family, but fell asleep half way through. Until yesterday, I was happily blaming that on Christmas dinner. Once again, I'd recorded the movie as I thought I might not get to watch it over Christmas.

So yesterday evening I sat down to watch it all ready for a good hour and a half in front of the TV. I fell asleep twice. Considering I wasn't remotely tired before I sat down, I can only blame this on the movie itself. At least this time I could rewind and watch again, but it did make the movie rather disjointed.

Thankfully, it's not a complex plot. A fish who wants to become famous ends up pretending to be a shark slayer, and has to deal with what happens when he achieves his longed-for fame. The movie is pretty short and doesn't really have any unneeded material - but for some reason, it's just great at sending me to sleep.

It's not a bad movie and when I was watching it I was enjoying it and feeling mildly amused, but it's not on a par with the greats like Shrek. And there must be something dull about it for me to be destined to fall asleep every time I watch it...

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.