Friday 24th July

A Fish Called Wanda

Director: Charles Crichton
Year: 1988
Stars: John Cleese, Michael Palin, Kevin Kline, Jamie Lee Curtis, Tom Georgeson

Another attempt to catch up with some of those classics I've never seen. I realise a film that's only 20 years old may not be considered a classic by some, but it's entered the realm of great films that a lot of people love, so it had been on my list for a while!

Essentially a crime caper movie, the plot isn't perhaps as silly as you might expect. Convoluted, yes, but entirely followable. Georgeson, Palin, Kline and Curtis plan a (fairly well thought out) robbery - but things start to go badly wrong when everybody starts double crossing everybody else.

The film is well thought out, and has some truly hilarious moments. The final moments especially had both Dan and I in fits for a good few minutes.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.