Finding Nemo

Monday 7th October 2013

Director: Andrew Stanton, Lee Unkrich
Year: 2003
Stars: Albert Brooks, Ellen DeGeneres, Alexander Gould (voices)

I've seen this before. That's probably not too surprising. But when you're stuck at home with your husband and small baby because you're ill, watching a colourful animated movie that you can easily get your hands on is usually a good choice. Especially if that movie happens to be Finding Nemo.

I've always loved this movie. But I enjoyed it even more this time around, because I'd forgotten just how much I love it. I had also forgotten various parts of the movie (only minor things, nothing plot-changing), which, once again, made it all the more enjoyable.

I'm sure most of you know the story, but for those that haven't been underwater for the past ten years, Finding Nemo is all about a baby fish (funnily enough, called Nemo - voiced by Gould) who gets caught by a diver and taken to a fish tank in a dentist's surgery in Australia. His dad, Marlin (Brooks) then goes on a mission to save his one and only son.

Beautifully animated, a brilliant story, and loads of good jokes along the way. Even the baby paid attention at times. What's not to like?

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.