June 2012 films

Well, this is going to be easy. I've only watched three movies this month. I think the only other month that's been this quiet is this March. I've been busy! Mostly with more house DIY and house warming parents, plus pregnancy-related appointments and visits... I won't promise things are going to improve either. Here are the movies I have managed to watch:
  • Attack the Block (2011) - 4 stars
  • The Proposal (2009) - 3 stars
  • Dan in Real Life (2007) - 2.5 stars
Film of the Month is so easy. Attack the Block is the only one of these films that I'll even remember in a month's time, let alone want to recommend to anybody. It's original, funny and extremely enjoyable.

Of the other two movies, either could win Film not to waste your time on - although neither are really worthy of that title either. They're both totally forgettable (as proven with Dan in Real Life, which I actually did watch two years ago and then forget about), but not particularly awful. Just very average Hollywood fare. Dan in Real Life just wins the "honour", but it's entirely possible that in two years time I'll re-watch The Proposal and it will score 2.5 stars for being just as un-noteworthy.

And is there even any point in mentioning Film 365? Here are the figures, just in case you want a laugh. I've watched 163 of 365 movies (44%), but I'm 112 days (about 3 and a half months) behind the deadline.

Film of the Month: Attack the Block
Film not to waste your time on: Dan in Real Life

No of films watched: 163/365
Target no. of Film 365 films to have watched: 365+111 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.