So movies have taken something of a backseat! So much of a backseat, in fact, that it's taken me nearly a month to get around to writing my monthly review. I'll do my best to remember the movies I saw in February, but I can't guarantee I'll remember them all! In total I watched 13 movies, so things were clearly a bit quieter back then! I managed to stick with my target of watching all the movies recorded in November, so up until the end of February I was on track with that plan. The movies were:
- Thirst (2009) - 4.5 stars
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009) - 2 stars
- Irina Palm (2007) - 4 stars
- The Woman in Black (2012) - 5 stars
- Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning (2004) - 4 stars
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964) - 2.5 stars
- Max Payne (2008) - 2.5 stars
- The Three Musketeers (1993) - 3 stars
- Into the Wild (2007) 4 stars
- The Descendants (2011) - 3.5 stars
- Far North (2007) - 3 stars
- Knowing (2009) - 3 stars
- Romance and Cigarettes (2005) - 2.5 stars
Film of the Month is a pretty easy call. Whilst Thirst is an excellent vampire movie, with a very different take on things, The Woman in Black just beats it. A proper "scare" movie, at times it had me truly frightened. It's adapted from an excellent novel, and although the story is modified for the movie, it still manages to scare in just the right way.
Film not to waste your time on is a little harder. There are plenty of mediocre movies on this list, but Ghosts of Girlfriends Past just wins it for being, well, stupid. And being one of the only movies ever that has managed to ruin the story of A Christmas Carol.
So, what about Film 365? Now I know it's going to take a brutal hit at the end of March, but how was it all going at the end of February? I had watched 145 out of 365 movies (about 40%). I should have watched 354 movies, and be only 6 away from the end of the project. So there is some way to go yet! It's looking like it will be a 2-year project then...
Film of the Month: The Woman in Black
Film not to waste your time on: Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
No of films watched: 145/365
Target no. of Film 365 films to have watched: 354/365