Megamind: Film #78 of Film 365

Friday 23rd September 2011

Director: Tom McGrath
Year: 2010
Stars: Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt, Tina Fey, Jonah Hill, David Cross, Ben Stiller (voices)

In Darkness was the end of the Toronto Film Festival for us. After that, we had a couple of movie-free weeks travelling around Canada before heading home. So the next time I saw a movie was on the flight on the way back to the UK.

Megamind wasn't really a movie I was desperate to see. I was happy to watch it as a distraction, but the fact that the lead character was voiced by Will Ferrell really did put me off. I'm not a big fan of his other work (to put it mildly), but I had been told that Megamind wasn't really a "Will Ferrell" movie by friends who had seen it.

As it happens, I'm really glad I gave it a try. Megamind is a fun, sweet little movie where you really do end up rooting for the bad guy (it's OK, you're meant to). Megamind is all about Metro Man's evil nemesis - in this case, the title character Megamind. You can probably guess the ending fairly easily, but the journey there is definitely a fun one.

Rating: Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.