The Adjustment Bureau: Film #8 of Film 365

Wednesday 23rd March 2011

Director: George Nolfi
Year: 2011
Stars: Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, Anthony Mackie, John Slattery, Terence Stamp

I wasn't expecting too much from this, but I really wanted to go to the cinema (it's been a month! I have withdrawal symptoms!), and of the things that were on, this got some of the better reviews (albeit not brilliant ones).

The Adjustment Bureau is all about David Norris (Damon), a man who meets a girl in a hotel bathroom and falls in love. When he's told he's not allowed to see her anymore because that's not in "the plan", he refuses to accept this.

I loved this movie. I really enjoyed the fact that it wasn't just a straight action movie, and that the film made you care about the plot, and characters who had proper personalities (they could so easily not have done). I also really liked the idea of The Adjustment Bureau. It's very hard not to equate them with God, but I think this bothered Dan (and presumably all those reviewers out there) far more than it bothered me.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.