June 2010 films

Well, this month has been a little busier for watching films than May - at least the first half anyway! It has been a very quiet cinema month though - in fact, I haven't been once. Something I'll have to remedy in July as I'm missing my regular cinema visits!

So, onto the list of films I have managed to watch (all on TV) this month:
  • Land of the Dead (2005) - 3 stars
  • Cloverfield (2008) - 3.5 stars
  • Capitalism: A Love Story (2009) - 3 stars
  • Pinocchio (2002) - 3.5 stars
  • Igby goes down (2002) - 3 stars
  • Death on the Nile (1978) - 3 stars
  • The Sentinel (2006) - 1.5 stars
  • Grow your own (2007) - 1 stars
Well, I guess Film not to waste your time on is easy! The month did not start well, with an offensive, frustrating film and a thoroughly boring one. The offensive one (Grow Your Own) wins for making me so angry - but I guess at least it was memorable? Doesn't make it any more recommendable though.

As for Film of the Month, nothing this month was particularly stand-out good. For those things that weren't just plain bad, they were mostly pretty average. Looking through the list though (and I know people are going to disagree with me, but I'm sticking with it) my Film of the Month is Pinocchio. Mad, mental and fun, it brought a smile to my face for almost the entire film. Whilst I admit the dubbing was VERY off, I'd still quite like to see the Italian version in the belief I'd like the movie even more.

Film of the Month: Pinocchio
Film not to waste your time on: Grow Your Own

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.