Friday 25th June 2010

Cloverfield

Director: Matt Reeves
Year: 2008
Stars: Mike Vogel, Michael Stahl-David, T.J Miller, Odette Yustman, Lizzy Caplan, Jessica Lucas

I wanted to watch this when it was released at the cinema, but never really got around to it. So when it was on TV I recorded, and finally managed to sit down and watch it today!

The movie follows a group of 20-somethings as Manhattan is attacked by a raging monster, and we get to see what happens through the eyes of one of their video cameras.

Even after watching it, I wasn't sure exactly what to think. I enjoyed the film for what it was, but it's an idea that's been done before - perhaps most noticeably on The Blair Witch Project. Having said that, it's done very competently here, and makes for an enjoyable movie. Just don't go in expecting a novel masterpiece, and you'll be entertained rather than bemused.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.