Friday 4th September

The Lost Boys

Director: Joel Schumacher
Year: 1987
Stars: Jason Patric, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Kiefer Sutherland, Jami Gertz

Sometimes people just have to be shown things. When a friend says "I've never seen any of those '80s films you just mentioned" (including The Breakfast Club, Stand by Me and Lost Boys), well, they're just not going to get away with it. Which is probably why we ended up putting this on at 1am. Possibly a little late for a movie (and yes, I did fall asleep in the last 20 mins - but I have seen this numerous times before and did my best to redeem myself by watching those 20 mins Sat morning), but still enjoyable!

For those of you that slept through the '80s, this is all about a family who move to Santa Carla - a town crawling with vampires. Not that they know that at first. And that's pretty much all you need to know. Yes, it's most definitely a pitch movie.

I won't claim this is profound in any way - but it is great fun, incredibly enjoyable, and defines a large proportion of my teenage years. So I love it. And I'm guessing if you grew up in the '80s, you (probably) do too. And if you didn't see it then, watch it now!

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.