Monday 1st June

The Contract

Director: Bruce Beresford
Year: 2006
Stars: Morgan Freeman, John Cusack, Jamie Anderson

This is exactly what you might expect it to be - nothing more, nothing less. Morgan Freeman heads up a group of hitmen who are out to assassinate somebody for a big cheque, but gets caught in the process. That's where John Cusack comes in - he and his son are camping in the forest Morgan Freeman almost escapes from the police in, and are faced with a choice as to whether or not to let him go when the cop he is with dies. Guess what they decide? There wouldn't have been much of a film with one of those decisions...

There's nothing new here. The film is watchable and perfectly acceptable Saturday night viewing, but if you're seeking out inventive here is not the place to look for it. But then, if you want inventive, what possessed you to pick this movie in the first place?

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.