Friday 10th April

Bee Movie

Director: Steve Hickner, Simon J. Smith
Year: 2007
Stars: Jerry Seinfeld, Renee Zellwegger, Matthew Broderick (voices)

I had no intention of watching this - it was just put on when we were at relatives house whilst travelling around the country. Not that I minded; I had wanted to see it for a while but hadn't got around to watching it yet. I was curious about it, but not interested enough to go to the cinema to see it.

The premise is a fairly basic one - a bee grows up and gets a job, but realises that he doesn't want to end up doing the same thing for the rest of his life so decides to go and visit the real world. As with all good children's movies, he changes things, realises what's right and wrong in life, and everything works out in the end.

That possibly sounds much triter than the movie really is - it's funny, keeps you engaged and, if the 5 year old we were with is any kind of evidence, will be thoroughly loved by most kids. The story isn't on a par with Toy Story or Ice Age, but there is enough humour and warmth here to keep both children and adults entertained.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.