Saturday 7th February

Wicker Park

Director: Paul McGuigan
Year: 2004
Stars: Josh Hartnett, Matthew Lillard, Rose Byrne, Diane Kruger

The second Matthew Lillard film in a row - not sure what's going on there, I haven't seen him in that many films and then two come along at once! In fairness, he's not bad here - a lot more subdued than many of his other characters - I'd even go so far as to say likeable. The film too is pretty enjoyable. Based on the original film L'Appartement, it makes a nice change from your standard romance, and a nice surprise if that's what you're expecting.

To say much about the plot would more than likely give away some of the twists in the movie (usually small, but all relatively important to the plot, and they make perfect sense put together), but basically it's about Matt's (Josh Hartnett's) somewhat complex love life.

Whether or not you enjoy this will probably depend to some extent on your mood, but I thought it was an excellent movie, well acted and well told.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.